19.6.12

Get the Look: Whitney Port's Easy Geometric Shorts

Ex-The Hills star Whitney Port has mastered this summer's effortless outfit charm making a lazy-Sunday outfit chic enough to wear any day. She embraces oversize round sunglasses and geometric printed shorts as statement pieces, keeping the light jewelry, and tee shirt as quiet accents, making the outfit easy and breezy. She adds my favorite touch - the small, woven & chained bag - as a sophisticated piece to edge up the casual ensemble. In the summer  heat we are to expect this week in the northeast, something as simple as shorts and a loose tee sounds absolutely perfect.

1. Frye Stacy Studded Shoulder - $428 (Available @ Stella Mae in-store for BTV locals)
5. Alex & Ani Bangles - ~$20-$70 (Available @ Jess Boutique for BTV Locals)

Rather than a straight-up geometric print, I decided to go a little more abstract for a easier summer feel and add my current Frye obsession to increase the intensity with woven leather and never-ending studs. I was never a bracelet fanatic until I bought my first Alex & Ani bracelet at Jess Boutique in BTV during my lunch break. They are simple, cute, and affordable, making them super wearable stacked on a wrist. Since my first purchase, I've bought two more and cannot seem to resist stopping in every time I get a new paycheck. Clearly mixing metals is a necessity in my jewelery habits - I can't help it! I just love gold, rose, copper, and silver together, I think it brings this mixture of femininity and edge to an outfit, which I am always looking to incorporate. While I made my version a little edgier, any easy summer outfit should have some simple, key assets (like the bangles, print, & watch) that pull it all together.

How do you feel about mixing metals in your jewelry, y/n?

No comments:

Post a Comment