23.9.12

Outfit - '70s Jeffrey Campbell





Tulle Dress via Sweet Lady Jane, Necklace & Jeffrey Campbell shoes (here) via Stella Mae
Looking at the forecast, it appeared last week that Friday's 77 degrees was going to be the warmest temperature for the rest of fall, so I decided to take advantage of the last summer day. After examining my closet (trying to find an outfit to epitomize summer that I hadn't already worn to death) I rediscovered this retro Tulle dress I purchased a couple years ago. Because its shapeless silhouette makes it impossible to wear without heels or something like a cardigan or belt to pull it in (like here), I wore it for the first time with these super-summery Jeffrey Campbells. Fun fact - work got this shoe to sell, but we only got it in brown... or so we thought until we opened up this size 6.5 box and discovered this beautiful coral color. Planning on getting the brown, I was over the moon to discover the new color and bought them that day. I now think this shoe was meant to come to me to be a burst of color to complete this outfit.

What was your favorite find this summer?




ps. This creamy tomato soup and hummus sandwich from Stone Soup was the perfect early dinner before work!


No comments:

Post a Comment