27.3.12

Adding Geometry to My Wardrobe

Straight lines and patterns have multiplied over all of the runways this season. In light of the colorful spring clothes making their way into the BTV Stella-Mae store every day, I decided to experiment with this trend and see if it could find its place into my wardrobe.

Look One
My Inspiration: Narciso Rodriguez
My Way: Sugarlips Stripe Skirt (Also pictured are the Timberland Marge Wood Heel Sandal and East Africa Company Recycled Shoe Bracelets)
Instead of all-over color, I opted for wearing this beautifully striped high-rise maxi skirt with a neutral top and cardigan, giving it a clean look - clearly emphasizing the fun-yet-sophisticated pops of color in the skirt's flattering diagonal print.

Look Two
My Inspiration: J. Mendel
My Way: Audrey 3+1 Tribal Print Tank (UO Denim Leggings & Timberland Marge Wood Heel Sandal)
This tank is a perfect transition-to-spring and transition-to-summer piece as one could where it with both jeans and a denim jacket or with a cute neutral pair of shorts and sandals!

Look Three
My Inspiration: Ohne Titel
My Way: RD International Red Stripe Sweater (Also picturing the Timberland Shorham Desert Boot)
I found myself imagining a day at the beach with this sweater and shorts acting as bathing suit cover-ups, or even during crispy spring mornings pairing this summery sweater with a pair of jeans to stay warm.

While I thought it would be difficult to teach myself how to wear these bold colors and geometrical patterns with clothes already hanging in my closet, I actually found this trend to be very easy to add to my everyday wardrobe. From color blocking to African-inspired geometrical prints, there is a piece from this trend for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment